With its reputation for innovation and award-winning products and service, Prudential Annuities is a growing and dynamic organization. With Prudential, you'll be part of a diverse workforce within an IT community that's respected for delivering high-tech solutions, and helping to achieve our common goal - to become the undisputed leader of guaranteed retirement income solutions. Your career should be an exciting work in progress, full of new experiences and opportunities for growth. Prudential Annuities offers its IT professionals access to a variety of resources for professional development-so you can take your career at The Rock® wherever you want it to go. Opportunity Awaits!
Are you looking to apply your passion and enthusiasm for technology, analytics, and innovation, implement on business strategy and work with diverse teams on challenging projects? Are you interested in being a part of an exciting program that is focused on collaborating alongside leaders in the Prudential community? If you are results driven and highly innovative, then Prudential is the place for you!
This Technical Design Lead (TDL) for Business Application Design position is a part of the Technology Business Application Delivery team, and can reside in one of our locations in Shelton, CT, Iselin, NJ, or Moosic, PA. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead analysis and design effort for Annuities’ ALIP Platform
- Partner with key business stakeholders such as product, service, actuarial and strategic partners; enable baseline implementation of ALIP platform
- Plans, organizes & control all activities of the Technical Systems Analysis, leveraging industry standard & best practices to deliver systems solutions aligned with customer expectations, on time, within budget, and with anticipated business value
- Responsible for analysis, design, configuration and unit testing prior to delivering the final product to the Quality Assurance Team.
- Responsible for implementing the strategic direction for the Technical Systems Analysis function and instructing, assigning, and directing the work of one or more technical systems analysts.
- Coordinates the activities with other IT areas related to the development and delivery of technology solutions
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of IT leadership experience in roles of increasing responsibility and complexity.
- Proven experience in leading configuration and maintenance of Accenture Life Insurance Platform (ALIP) & ALIP Business configuration
- Should have strong understanding of ALIP schema, ALIP Stage & ALIP deployment processes and procedures
- Should have a proven experience in analysis, design, development, implementation and support of middleware tools such as Websphere
- Should be able to provide technical leadership on architecture, design and successful implementation of project utilizing UML Modeling tools such as Sparx-Enterprise Architect
- Should have strong understanding of SOA design patterns, architectural principles and appropriate models of achieving high performance, reliability and scalability
- Experience with XML, XSLT, XSD, WSDL, WADL, SOAP, Rest, Swagger
- Experience in Oracle databases
- Knowledge of SaleForce is a plus
- Knowledge of Annuities and Insurance is a plus
- Knowledge of frame works such as MVC 5, jQuery, AngularJS
- Knowledge of Agile & Waterfall methodology is a plus
- Strong technical knowledge and leadership skills.
- Good Interpersonal (listening, written and verbal communication) and presentation skills
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.