Prudential's Retirement Information Technology Services (RITS) group is seeking a talented Technical Development Manager to join their team. The Technical Development Manager will be responsible for design, development, configuration and integration of the IPS Line of Business applications. Included in this work will be partnering with other development teams, Quality Assurance, business and operational leaders to identify and help specify the complex business requirements and processes for diverse development platforms, computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, cloud enabled), software, hardware, technologies and tools. As the Technical Development Manager you will provide comprehensive consultation on all phases of the SDLC.
Experience in managing a small distributed team of employees and consultants is required. Including team building, staff mentoring and succession planning, onboarding and offboarding and training and managing vendor resources. You will also be responsible for project financials for the projects you manage.
The Technical Development Manager is expected to be hands-on when needed and be able to lead by example.
- Design and development of RITS/IPS applications
- Manage a small development team of employees and consultants
- Lead and contribute to building solution architecture proposals, design discussions, and code reviews
- Review internal as well as vendor deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Provide technical support for the production issues resulting from new deployments, analyzing business reported issues, determining the root causes, and implementing fixes to prevent future outages
- Collaborate and engage with RITS architects and shared services technology teams
- Minimum 5 years' experience working on development of distributed, SOA and web based applications
- Minimum 3 years' experience managing development teams
- Experience in various programming technologies such as .Net, Web API, n-tier, microservices is required
- Strong Experience in Database Design and development of SQL code for MS SQL Server and DB2 databases
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with the ability to manage virtual teams across multiple organizations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Team player and skilled at resolving conflict and negotiating effectively and tactfully