The Technical Development Program (TDP) is a 2 year program, consisting of three 8-month rotations focused on developing high potential, entry-level technical professionals.
TDP members will have the freedom to experience a range of engineering and/or science roles while designing and improving products and processes, reducing costs, and improving the quality of life-saving and life-sustaining medical devices and products. These roles may involve new product design and development, product support, formulation development, modeling, material selection, pilot plant operations, quality, design for reliability and design transfer to manufacturing.
Members will work closely with other functions to integrate product designs for manufacturability, reliability and serviceability, generating the next generation of innovative products for Baxter and the patients we serve. While this position is based in Round Lake, Illinois, members may have the opportunity to travel to Baxter sites in North America, Europe and/or Asia for training and rotational work experiences. Hands-on projects will enhance core technical competencies, while in-depth training and career mentoring will provide all the tools necessary for a successful career at Baxter. Qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Bachelors (required) or Masters (preferred) in Engineering or Science - Electrical Engineering, Computer Science / Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Demonstrated academic performance - minimum GPA 3.0/4.0 or equivalent
- Proven track record of delivery of commitments
- Passion for Science or Engineering with a desire for a career in the medical technology industry
- Strong technical aptitude and an analytic approach to problem solving
- Intern or Co-op experience (preferred)
- Self-confident team player with a drive for results.
- Willingness and ability to relocate to other Baxter sites in North America, Europe and Asia on a short-term basis, if required
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law GINA Supplement Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to OneBaxter@baxter.com or call 800-422-9837 (800-4Baxter) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Primary Location
United States-Illinois-Round Lake Schedule
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.