Power Power Generation Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Technical Field Advisor
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Technical Field Advisor, you will provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives on General Electric steam and gas turbine power generation equipment. As the Technical Field Advisor. you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning at customer power generating facilities.
As the Technical Field Advisor. you will:
* Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
* Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
* Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
* Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
* Perform administrative functions such as: writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
* Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
* Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
* Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
* Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited University or College OR ( a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Field Services role)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a field services or maintenance position
* Ability or willingness to possess a valid driver's license and US Passport
* Willingness and ability to travel up to 75% of the time
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Extensive Field Engineering Services experience is required, on either Gas or Steam turbines
* GE Turbine experience - Controls Experience, Steam and/or Gas Turbine experience is preferred
* Turbine experience - Steam and/or Gas Turbine experience is preferred, on General Electric, Siemens, Westinghouse, Alstom, or other OEM mechanical equipment
* Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
* Strong customer service mindset
* Prior field engineering experience
* Strong organizational skills
* Prior project management experience
* Fair Employment Practices (FEP) program graduate
* Strong project management skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.