Software Engineer, Intern - Oracle Data Cloud (ODC)
Oracle Data Cloud: Powering connections to customers.
The Oracle Data Cloud enables companies to use data to inform and measure business decisions. We do it by providing Data as a Service, or DaaS, to help create connections to customers across channels and devices. The Oracle Data Cloud was created in 2014 through the acquisition of BlueKai and was expanded in 2015 through the acquisition of Datalogix. The BlueKai and Datalogix brands live on as products within the Oracle Data Cloud.
Join Oracle Data Cloud and be part of the team creating innovative and groundbreaking data-driven solutions for Marketing, Sales and Customer Intelligence.
This is a great opportunity to apply your object-oriented and database education to the data we ingest from hundreds of different companies. The solutions you help develop will revolutionize the way products and services are sold.
At Oracle Data Cloud, we use a variety of technologies, but we don't expect you to know them all; we only expect an eagerness to learn and work with any of them. (Most of the work is done in Java but we're open to talented computer science students with C or strong C# exposure.)
This Software Engineering Internship opportunity will allow you to develop highly valuable skills which will make you more valuable in the technology industry. However, we think once you join our team, you may not want to leave.
We rely on all of our Software Engineering Interns to help develop innovative solutions for our digital and offline marketing products. Our solutions will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course, but your real success with Oracle Data Cloud will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Work as a member of an Agile Software Development Team to help implement new functionality based on business requirements
• Help develop new programs and support existing programs in Linux and Windows
• Interact with the Oracle Data Cloud business and operations teams
• Be exposed to performance testing in a high-volume Internet infrastructure.
• Learn to develop primarily server-side solutions in Java and/or C#.
• Learn to develop in a variety of database technologies including; Hadoop, Cassandra, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL and Redshift.
• And yes, sometimes you will be called upon to help perform troubleshooting of web server issues and incoming web requests from partners and clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
• Other experience we look for includes: PHP or Perl, Linux (Emacs or Vi), hands-on administration or development of web servers, Oracle, MySQL, Internet ad serving or high volume web site support
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members.
This is a world-class, career-building opportunity:
• Work in an environment with colleagues who are as smart and driven as they are collaborative and fun
• Seize the opportunity to have a direct impact on the development of constantly evolving, game-changing products and services
• Strategize with well-known thought leaders making a real impact in this ever-evolving industry
• Stay on top of your game with professional development opportunities
What Oracle Data Cloud is best known for:
• Industry-leading products and service solutions
• Unique positioning in the advertising & marketing ecosystem
• Longstanding relationships with high-profile advertisers and the biggest players in the digital-media advertising world
• A visionary organization with an unmatched drive for excellence
A fast-paced, exciting culture giving employees the opportunity to work and play hard
Do you want to get a foot in the door and perhaps even get the chance to interview early for one of the best technology jobs in the world? If so, you may be an ideal candidate for our internship program.
Gain invaluable experience in what it is like to work at a leading global hardware and software systems innovator - Oracle. Your colleagues are industry experts and knowledgeable veterans. Your contributions will enhance real Oracle products and services. By the end of your internship you will be connected to a powerful network of professionals, managers, and executives.
Received undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related area of study. Strong academic achievement. Strong interest in technical area of study.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.