Location: Fulton, Maryland
Posted: September 27, 2017
Reference ID: 1217248
What You'll Do
You'll help us resolve some of our customers' most challenging issues. The Cisco Security Escalations team seeks a motivated Experienced Senior Engineer to help drive customer success and product quality and enhancements for the Next Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS), Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) and Fire Thread Defense (FTD) Platforms.
This is an opportunity to join one of the most challenging, highly visible and rewarding roles within Cisco Security Engineering. You will have an opportunity to apply all of the development and
Who You'll Work With
Our team works with customers, Cisco Support and other teams within the Engineering organization to troubleshoot, debug and resolve a wide aray of complex issues encountered by product users. You'll get to work on all aspects of the product ranging from Firmware to the User Interface. You will also have an opportunity to guide new feature implementation from inception and design to i
* Provide technical guidance to junior members of the team team.
* Help manage critical issues end to end by engaging relevant parties.
* Interacting with customers and support teams to gather sufficient information to reproduce customer problems.
* Identifying and fixing problems in released products through
* Reproducing customer issues escalated from support.
* Interacting with Product Development team to identify product serviceability issues and address quality problems.
* Work with peers to ensure product quality and serviceability enhancement are adequately prioritized within Development team.
* Work with development teams to provide feedback and guidance on new features.
* Work with customers, support and development to help target fixes to future releases.
* Work with test teams to create system test cases to prevent future occurrence of identified bugs.
* Build debug binaries and scripts to aid in identification of customer facing issues.
* Work with customers to tune their systems for improved performance and detection of threats.
* Facilitate problem solving and collaboration within the team.
Who You Are
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer with team leadership experience to be part of the Engineering Escalations team. The successful candidate will have prior experience providing technical guidance to junior engineers, a history of successful engagements with other business entities and customers, solid experience with Perl/C/Linux Shell Scripts, strong
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 7+ years experience in commercial software development or advanced degree
* Strong leadership skills
* 2+ years experience in a technical leadership role
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
* Ability to learn new skills and apply them quickly
* Ability to understand legacy code to identify and fix problems
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* 7+ years experience with C/C++
* 5+ years experience with Perl or equivalent language
* Demonstrable proficiency with Linux shell scripting languages
* Demonstrable proficiency in Linux system administration
* Solid understanding of networking architecture such as
* Experience with Ethernet packet based analysis
* Fundamental understanding of network security principles
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Experience investigating core files using GNU debugger
* Knowledge of network security concepts
* Reverse engineering experience is a strong plus
* Knowledge of MySQL or other relational databases
* Experience with network security tools such as Snort, nmap, nessus, ethereal, tcpdump, and tcpreplay
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
#We Are Cisco