Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
The candidate will be the lead developer for the Americas internal regulatory tools which needs to be rationalized, and driven towards a final solution. The candidate will need to identify the final tool set, and built in cooperation with other regions to meet the current and future requirements of regulatory business. He/she will be responsible for partnering with the leads in the other regions to ensure consistency and standardization. The candidate in the Tax space will be the lead architect to design and develop a global tax solution integrating the MS Tax Suite and EMEA Tax Suite tools. The candidate will drive the code reviews to ensure the code delivered meets firm standards and fits our security, scalability and flexibility needs. The candidate will help bring mentor the junior coders to become more seasoned to raise the bar of development for Regulatory Finance and Corporate Tax Technology.
- University degree holder in relevant discipline
- Strong analytical skills
- 5-10 years software development experiences.
- 5 years on software development life cycle management.
- Strong process orientation with in-depth understanding of SDLC.
- Strong Development Architect Skills
- Strong expertise in Core Java. Experience in Web technologies is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Database with strong fundamentals in database designing.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and work on the same to meet business requirements.
- Ability to work in team
- Ability to work with Global Teams
- High performance non-relational database (e.g. KDB)
- Working experience in finance services industry
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.