Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and regulatory entities, and programming languages ranging from .Net and Java to Cobol and VB.Net.
Review and analyze top CPU consumers for each application area and recommend optimization opportunities
- Develop Tooling (i.e. REXX Scripts/SQL) to facilitate automation of data gathering and analysis of for the Mainframe Optimization
- Optimize DB2 SQL access paths for both batch jobs and Distributed connections
- Work with the application development teams to flatten the batch work load in the nightly peak batch cycle
- Participate in application design sessions which will load to optimized code and processes
- Work with the Performance Engineering test to validate test conditions and results
- Partner with the Infrastructures team to optimize DB2 subsystem parameters and configurations
- Analyze DB2 utility jobs to ensure correct options are used and validate placement in the batch cycle
- Coordinate optimization changes into all environments with the Application Development teams
-Minimum of 5 years working experience on the Mainframe with strong knowledge of JCL, Cobol, DB2, SQL, and REXX
- Mainframe Application design expertise
- Hands-on experience with DB2 PE & CA SYSVIEW
- Hands-on experience with DB2 tools to validate optimization recommendations
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of RAA is a plus
- College Degree preferably in a computer related field
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.