Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and regulatory entities, and programming languages ranging from .Net and Java to Cobol and VB.Net.
We are working on multiple projects like Investment Screener, Strategy builder, Wealth Desk to build the next generation of systems using latest technologies and techniques. Hence we are looking for a software engineer to help drive the development. The role is primarily Backend side on mainframe DB2 and should be able to analyze and design the systems independently. This person should closely work with business & Technology teams to and finalize the requirements and complete the development.
- Should have technical knowledge in developing DB2 application including COBOL, JCL, DB2 stored procedures, Native Stored procedures, XML, MQ Series.
- Experience developing, real-time application is must,
- Self-motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership of tasks and projects.
- Problem solving/Mathematical/Analytical
- Needs to be comfortable working in the On-site/off-shore model.
- Good knowledge of Concurrency and high volume server side development
- Involvement in full Software Development Life Cycle of the project.
- Working experience in SQLS / Stored Procedures with a RDBMS.
- Experience testing software (e.g. Unit testing, using frameworks, performance testing/tuning)
- Recognizing system deficiencies and implementing effective solutions.
- Providing technical direction and leadership to development teams
- Able to work with the global team, and manage time and tasks effectively and independently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a good team player.
- Owning all aspects of the SDLC (design, development, testing and implementation) for projects under management
- Reviewing issues and program defects
- Ensuring that the team(s) deliver high-quality solutions for our clients
- Knowledgeable with good academic background
- Should have around 10 years of experience in developing enterprise applications in Java/JEE technologies.
- Keen problem solver
- Enthusiastic to learn and adopt new technologies
- Can demonstrate the ability to write code to solve problems
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.