• PhD or equivalent experience
• Extensive knowledge and technical expertise in biochemistry, enzymology, and specifically the application of the knowledge to small molecule drug discovery
• Track record of designing, developing and performing high quality biochemical assays for high-throughput screening and compound profiling
• The ability to design, interpret, and communicate outcomes of molecular mechanism-of-action experiments
• Strong influencing and analytical skills coupled with the ability to problem solving
• A good understanding of the drug discovery process and track record of leading teams on drug discovery or technology development
• The ability to understand and prioritize work across a complex portfolio of projects, and respond effectively as those priorities change
• Passion for leading and motivating scientific staff to drive performance, and develop and retain a skilled group of scientists
• Excellent team working behaviors, interpersonal and communications skills; Ability to work collaboratively in a global organization
• 5+ years of relevant laboratory experience in drug discovery and strong record of publishing in peer reviewed journals
• Broad knowledge of drug discovery process from target to candidate
• Experience in designing, developing and performing high quality biophysical assays for target engagement and mechanistic studies
• A track record of technology evaluation and development, especially in the context of applying these to the drug discovery process
• Experience in managing and mentoring junior scientists, and serving as a resource of relevant knowledge that improves the scientific rigor in our work
• Experience of leading interactions with collaborators and technology providers, and of implementing and embedding new technologies and methodologies
• Ability to challenge the science in order to establish a high quality, science-driven culture that delivers quality targets, leads and candidates
• Demonstrated strengths in high performance behaviors, such as building relationships, flexible thinking, and enabling/driving change
The Biochemical Technical Lead will provide technical and laboratory expertise for biochemical assays and enzymology within a larger group that is led by a group leader with cell biology/cellular pharmacology expertise. The biochemical technical lead will also manage biochemical scientists within that group.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.