The Battle.net Client group is looking for a passionate software engineering technical lead with advanced C knowledge and broad experience in client development to join our Battle.net App team.
The App team develops the Blizzard Desktop Application for both PC and Mac. The Desktop App presents a seamless experience for Blizzard's products: news about games, a portal to the digital store, a hub to update and launch games, and a place where millions of players can socialize with their friends. The primary mission for the Battle.net App team is to create an approachable and accessible portal to get our players enjoying Blizzard's games with their friends as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
- Mastery of C with a minimum of 8 years' professional experience
- Experience leading development teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with 3 rd party libraries
- Experience using UI frameworks
- Experience with shipping and maintaining desktop applications that support a global user base
- Experience supporting a live product (ship planning, risk mitigation, etc..)
- Familiarity with networking and high level protocols such as TCP or HTTP
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Cross-platform development experience for Windows and Mac
- Experience using Git
- Client / Server architecture experience
- Agile development exposure
- Passion for video games
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.