The new Battle.net is a full-featured online game service that will deliver the ultimate social and competitive experience for Blizzard Entertainment gamers everywhere. Designed specifically around Blizzard titles, Battle.net will include a complete set of around-the-game features, including a state-of-the-art matchmaking system, achievement system, social networking features, structured competitive play options, a marketplace, and much more. Our vision is to create an environment where gamers can compete online, develop an online persona, and stay connected to friends and the rest of the community while enjoying our games.
The technical lead must be able to work both independently and in conjunction with team members and product groups. Enthusiasm and flexibility in working on a variety of projects is necessary. The ideal applicant is someone who enjoys technical challenges and the satisfaction of overcoming them.
This position within the Battle.net team is focused on the development of the Battle.net platform, which provides APIs and technologies that underpin the features being developed for the service.Requirements
- Mastery of C with a minimum of 8 years' professional experience
- Technical, and people management of a small team of enthusiastic engineers
- Networking experience in TCP, UDP, and higher level protocols
- Distributed systems experience
- Protocol design / optimization experience
- Secure coding experience (encryption, denial of service mitigation)
- Code optimization experience
- Architecture (cloud, client / server) experience
- Experience with virtualization/containerization technologies and infrastructure as a service
- Experience designing sustainable APIs, and managing their lifecycles
- A passion for video games, and building a scalable network platform
Required Application Materials
- Professional game development experience
- Client / Server architecture experience
- Network engineering experience, anywhere from business logic to packet protocols
- Knowledge of network security issues
- Multiple platform development experience (Linux, Windows, OSX)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Agile development exposure
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.