Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: S1016173
What You'll Do
Technical Leader-SW Engineering-Wireless group
San Jose, CA
The Business Entity
The Enterprise Access & Services Group in Cisco (EASG) is the industry leader in enterprise WLAN with a proven track record in building innovative wireless solutions. We are looking for passionate and dedicated Embedded Linux savvy programmers to form the core of a new team delivering the controller-less deployment architecture for a key segment of wireless customers.
Who You'll Work With
DO you enjoy spearheading innovation through personal initiative? Would it excite you to be part of a highly motivated best of breed engineering team who is redefining and refreshing the software portfolio for Cisco's Wireless access points? Would you like to challenge yourself in driving a key technology transition in the Wireless Industry while working the market leader? Would you cherish to develop code using the most modern development methods in Agile mode using the a test driven development focus? Can you demonstrates the ability to develop software with a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component, work with minimal supervision, collaborate with a cross-functional team and leverages technical knowledge and project management experience to accomplish the goals.
If you are excited about all the above and have the smarts to be a star in such a team - you may consider applying for this job. We are looking for that passionate, motivated, highly energized software engineers as the core of a team with almost limitless opportunity to build the next generation wireless access networking platform. The work involves design and development of the embedded software for a revolutionary product which provides sub-meter accuracy indoor location services. This position is unique as it will involve working on latest generation of WiFi and BLE technology and deployment models for wireless access networking components in a global-scale, real-world use case. Engineers can look forward to their results getting in front of customers quickly and the product performance directly driving Cisco's core business.
You will be part of a co-located local team that is energized and empowered to deliver quickly. This team will operate fast and communicate openly, with a very flat organization and plenty of opportunity to cross-pollinate and drive key pieces of the architecture.
Who You Are
• Key architect and developer in a project team of tasked with delivering our next generation Wireless access networking architecture for Access Points.
• Design and develop software on Access point that aids various deployment modes to aid campus and branch wide wireless access on Cisco's newest Wireless products based on state of the art latest Wireless Industry standards
• Operate in an Agile methodology with an eye toward robust and disciplined software development.
• Contribute to functional specifications and product roadmap
• Lead development of subsystems. Design & Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly
• Strong ability and desire to learn new tools as required is an absolute must.
• Experience in C, C++ and other modern programming languages/technologies
• Experience with WiFi, 802.11, WLAN and BLE protocols and chipsets
• Experience with Embedded OS is a must, Linux experience is a plus
• Strong self-motivation for solving problems and innovating with furious intent to improve the customer experience
• Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills. Ability to "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms is a must.
• Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 6-8 years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 10 yrs related experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
#CiscoCareers is #hiring #Wireless #embedded software engineer #networking #san jose #linux #systems
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Wireless, Software Defined Network (SDN)
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.