Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1021987
What You'll Do
You will be part of the Technical Leadership and Mentoring team: You will help to direct team members technical skills development, foster best practices and processes, also help developing product features: Development of product features according to Cisco's agile product development methodology. Participate in code reviews and developing supporting systems: Writing code and deployment of software to support the build and test automation as well as monitoring and deployment of product components. You will be responsible for participating in collaborative design: Research and prototyping, whiteboard design and writing formal design documentation, as well as the following:
• Following agile development process: Tracking progress in online tools, participating in story mapping, scrum planning and demo sessions
• Defect analysis: Defect analysis and fixing in multiple environments, including root cause analysis. Triage and tracking of defect lists.
• Documentation: Authoring product documentation for multiple target audiences
Who You'll Work With
Cisco is building the world's largest global Cloud together with its partners! This is your opportunity to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. You will help make the Internet what it is today. First, by focusing on creating connectivity and entering in the Internet of Everything transition-eras where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
Who You Are
You will work with the Infinite Video team at the forefront of delivering cloud-based OTT streaming video solutions to service and content provider customers. You'll be a technical leader who can integrate yourself into an established development team and help to define the direction of next generation video delivery software.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
• 10+ years of experience in software development
• Hands-on experience in development using Java, Ruby or Python
• Experience designing highly scalable/available software
• Experience with Scrum Agile development methodology
• Understanding of in SQL RDBMS and NoSQL concepts and design
• Functional understanding of developing applications for deployment in a cloud environment
• Functional understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) concepts
• A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• Ruby on Rails, Java, Python
• Microservices, RESTful API design, Spring/Spring Cloud
• AWS, Dynamo DB or other NoSQL, Saltstack, Linux
• Jenkins, Maven, Git
• Oracle, mysql
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Global Service Provider, Cloud, Video, Collaboration
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.