The Database Security Group is chartered to provide a comprehensive portfolio of security solutions to ensure data privacy, protect against insider threats, and enable regulatory compliance for both Oracle and non-Oracle databases . Oracle is the leader and pioneer in database security. Our group continues to innovate and extend the lead on our competitors. Security is essential for businesses and consumers in the information age.
Our team within the Database Security Group is responsible for the Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall product. Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall consolidates and collates audit data and monitors Oracle and non-Oracle database traffic to detect and block threats. It also provides comprehensive reporting capabilities by consolidating audit data from databases, operating systems, directories, and other sources.
Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall is growing rapidly and we want to expand into new areas such as Cloud, Analytics and Big Data. To help focus in these areas, we are looking for a Development Lead/Consulting Member of Technical Staff to join our team.
- Responsible for Technical leadership, hands-on product development
- Contribute to the architecture and direction of an enterprise security product
- Work closely with Product Management, QA and other cross functional teams in all phases of product development
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related fields is required
- 8 years of experience developing Enterprise software products
- Experience with programming languages such as C , Java
- Expertise in Oracle database development and knowledge of PL/SQL is required
- Experience with building highly scalable and high availability products is desirable
- Exposure to Cloud product development/Analytics/Big Data would be a plus
- Knowledge of multiple Database systems (Oracle, MySQL etc..) is desirable
- Familiarity with Security Concepts (Encryption, Authentication, etc..) is required
- Works well in a team environment with a can-do attitude
- Results oriented, solid work ethic with excellent attention to detail and quality.
- Self-starter and deliver tasks with minimal supervision
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.