Looking for a dynamic, professional, team-oriented, self-motivated individual with good communication skills, a positive attitude and the ability to lead a large software development team. The Technical Lead / Manager shall serve as a liaison with the customer and will provide the day to day technical management for the application development team. The position requires a senior-level technologist with experience including project management, requirements gathering, software engineering, database design and data processing. Candidates must be experienced in design, development and implementation of large service-oriented application systems on mainframe and mid-tier platforms. This individual will act as an expert in architectural design, enterprise architecture, technical requirements, and production deployment and in guiding project team on key technological decisions, architectural standards and best practices. This individual will be responsible for working directly with business system analysts, application and data stewards to help capture and document requirements, build use cases, and participate in hands-on design and development of components, services, standards and methods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Manage entire functional implementation of activities for project including design, development, code migration and maintenance in all environments
* Develop resources, time estimates, and project schedules for assigned tasks
* Plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of assigned personnel and provides leadership.
* Organizes resources to support multiple tasks simultaneously and manages the execution of those tasks
* Ensure adherence to quality standards and in all project deliverables
* Lead a team of 20 systems engineers, manage their priorities, develop technical project plans, and work with customers
* Lead the operations team to ensure timely completion of operational tasks and ensure quality of their deliverables
* Manage budget and hours for development team resources
* Work closely with Local DBA to ensure database maintenance and release activities are coordinated
* Collaborate with the testing teams on process, procedures and standards related to unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing and performance testing
* Maintain understanding of source systems integration, analysis of requirements in relation to data available, assessment of source system data quality and design schemas to meet project/performance requirements
* Ability to work effectively on a variety of development platforms such as Solaris, Linux
* Must have a proven technical analysis background, including the ability to learn new domains quickly in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to multi-task, work independently and meet business critical deadlines
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, including the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to all levels of end users
* Ability to build client relationships and create client satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle
* Excellent reasoning and strong decision making skills
* Work closely with other analysts/engineers and develop guidelines and best practice for project implementation
* Mentor personnel assigned to the project
* Serve as an expert on the technical/development platforms used
* Ensure compliance with security program and policies
* Assess technical issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
* Provide leadership and clear instructions to teams while effectively communicating with management and customers
* Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives
* Anticipates issues or problems; works to mitigate or negate the anticipated effects of the problems.
* Provides oral and written communications on status and issues to team, management, client, and other project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
* Identify opportunities for organic and new growth in contract value
* Bachelor Degree in a technical discipline
* 14 years of information technology/systems development experience required
* 3-5 years of System architecture and leading the technical team
* Must have experience with EVM, Scope, Resource and Risk management
* Must have data lifecycle management experience to include data source logging, ETL, data staging, tables, tuning and data marts
* Must have had direct customer interactions and requirements gathering experience for at least two large, complex data modeling engagements
* Candidate should be able to ensure successful implementation of enterprise application development with Java, DB2, Informatica ETL and MicroStrategy
* Strong understanding of relational databases and enterprise software integration concepts (ETL technologies)
* Must have experience with CMS applications and its development life cycle (ILC/XLC)
* Must have experience with CMS production application maintenance and management
* Must be able to effectively manage resources (people, process and tools) and schedule
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Solid organizational abilities
* Maintains and reports on various project metrics as required.
* Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation
* MS Office proficiency - Word, Visio, Excel, MS Project, and PowerPoint
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.