Looking for a dynamic, professional, team-oriented, self-motivated individual with good communication skills, a positive attitude and the ability to lead a large software development team. The Technical Lead / Manager shall serve as a liaison with the customer and will provide the day to day technical management for the application development team. The position requires a senior-level technologist with experience including project management, requirements gathering, software engineering, database design and data processing. Candidates must be experienced in design, development and implementation of large service-oriented application systems on mainframe and mid-tier platforms. This individual will act as an expert in architectural design, enterprise architecture, technical requirements, and production deployment and in guiding project team on key technological decisions, architectural standards and best practices. This individual will be responsible for working directly with business system analysts, application and data stewards to help capture and document requirements, build use cases, and participate in hands-on design and development of components, services, standards and methods.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Manage entire functional implementation of activities for project including design, development, code migration and maintenance in all environments
* Develop resources, time estimates, and project schedules for assigned tasks
* Plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of assigned personnel and provides leadership.
* Organizes resources to support multiple tasks simultaneously and manages the execution of those tasks
* Ensure adherence to quality standards and in all project deliverables
* Lead a team of 20 systems engineers, manage their priorities, develop technical project plans, and work with customers
* Lead the operations team to ensure timely completion of operational tasks and ensure quality of their deliverables
* Manage budget and hours for development team resources
* Work closely with Local DBA to ensure database maintenance and release activities are coordinated
* Collaborate with the testing teams on process, procedures and standards related to unit testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing and performance testing
* Maintain understanding of source systems integration, analysis of requirements in relation to data available, assessment of source system data quality and design schemas to meet project/performance requirements
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.