WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
Over the next five years we will make significant investments in modernizing our core technology and evolving analytics and data capabilities to drive greater efficiencies. This expansion offers us the ability to have key business functions - Product, Underwriting, Operations and Technology - co-located and collaborating, tackling short-term problems and building long-term solutions together. This effort symbolizes our investment in building internal knowledge, offering enterprise-wide career opportunities and continuing the momentum of our technology agenda. Overview of the position:
The Sr. Developer role is a leadership position that requires strong planning, estimating, collaboration, application design / development, and communication skills. The incumbent will participate in design and drive development of technology solutions across the various business units. The successful candidate will help support and maintain the next generation of publishing systems using EMC's xPression & xCP suite. The position requires in-depth experience and understanding of multiple programming languages, systems, analysis and design, integration, and software development methodologies. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Oversee application quality and integrity when critical production issues arise, ensuring proper communication with infrastructure and application technical support teams
- Coaching and mentoring of junior development resources
- Quality and completeness of detailed technical specifications, solution designs, and code reviews as well as adherence to the non-functional requirements.
- Performing hands-on maintenance development work
- Work with Managed Production Support (MPS) lead and address any communication gaps as the situation arises
- Participate in Software Change Control Board meetings
- Ensure operational transition of invest initiatives and alignment to application stability and strategic direction
- Acting as a point of contact for technical issues across the Publishing PDA platform.
- Providing oversight to ensure the proper application of design patterns, frameworks, and services to improve consistency and reduce complexity.
- Ensuring that technical documentation and technical artifacts are accurately prepared, maintained, and cataloged.
- Identifying opportunities to reuse strategic components and reduce over-customization.
- Constructing a technical specification document and component-level design that is re-usable, efficient, and enables the stated business goals
- Leverage technical acumen to understand and implement the overall technical vision for the program, in alliance with architects and other tech leads, while keeping in mind the cross-functional impacts, integration across the organization, and architecture rationalization
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 5-10 years of development experience
- 5 years Object Oriented application development experience in a structured environment with a defined software development lifecycle
- 3-5 years of experience in Enterprise Publishing Solutions - including xPression, xCP and Adobe LiveCycle
- Experience with enterprise content management, including Documentum
- Experience following an established release protocol
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and lead a matrixed project team focused on developing and implementing technical solutions
- Experience collaborating with Project Managers, Lead Business Analysts, application and enterprise architects, application technical leads, vendor partners (both onsite and offshore), and other application development teams
J2EE, JSP, RMI, Servlets, JAXP (SAX/DOM), Struts, JDBC, PCF
xDesign, xPresso for Word, xRevise, xResponse, xEditor, xAdmin, xDashboard and xAdapter Batch
WebSphere, JBOSS and WebLogic
Windows XP/ 7, UNIX
Oracle 9i/8i, SQL
SOAP UI, WinSCP, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Word, Quality Center(QC)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age