Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1017555
What You'll Do
As an expert engineer, you will work closely with the Cisco UCS VIC adapter software development team to design and implement I/O solutions for the UCS product family deployments in modern virtualized data centers. You will be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into cloud computing.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into cloud computing. Champion new methodologies and create scalable software solutions that help build next generation data centers.
Who You Are
You have a deep I/O technical and implementation focus with broad knowledge of and exposure to embedded systems, sever, networking or storage systems software development are essential for success in this role. You have the capability and the will to learn, understand, implement, improve, explain, promote Cisco VIC based innovative networking and/or storage technologies. Your expertise extends to design and development in at least one of the following areas: Firmware for high speed networking or storage adapters/linecards; Firmware for PCIe devices or inter-connects; Ethernet NIC device drivers for either Windows, or Linux/ESX; storage HBA device drivers for either Windows, or Linux/ESX; ASIC based networking features and processing offloads for UCS deployments in enterprise/provider virtualized data centers, network edge, cloud and SDN; ASIC based storage features and processing offloads for initiator/target modes in enterprise/provider virtualized data centers and cloud; networking control and management planes protocols, including interactions with the UCS Manager and the Cisco Nexus operating system.
The minimum requirements for this role:
• Strong working experience in C programming.
• Senior level working experience in at least one of the following technology areas:
• Embedded systems software/firmware development for networking/storage adapters, such as physical/MAC layer, NCSI, I2C/SMBus, BIOS/BMC interfaces, SAN/PXE/iSCSI boot
• PCIe sub-systems or inter-connects, such as SR-IOV
• Networking protocols, including L2 Ethernet switching and TCP/IP
• Storage protocols, such as FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, SCSI
• Network or storage device drivers development in either Linux, Windows, ESX
• Kernel, hypervisor or virtual machine monitor development, such as Hyper-V, ESX, KVM, Xen, OVM
• High performance and/or low latency I/O, such as RDMA
• Data center networking development, such as DCBX/PFC, NIV/802.1BR, QoS, L2/L3 switching, forwarding ASICs, ACL, SPAN/ERSPAN, tunneling, L4-L7 networking protocols or services including TCP Proxy, Load Balancers, network firewalls, network processors, NetFlow, VxLAN/NVGRE, OpenFlow, DPDK
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
#firmware # adapters #embedded systems #networking #storage #PCI #SCSI #FCoE #FC #drivers #kernel
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.