Technical Leader 1207260
Posted: May 20, 2017
Reference ID: 1207260
What you will do
• Bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
• Build a Platform-as-a-Service infrastructure that scales to run big data analytics and orchestration software offering
Who you will work with
At Cisco, we build products that enable enterprises react faster to the intelligence derived from data. To do that requires a data centric platform that can receive events from a variety of network appliances, and other event sources, process and provides insights. Cisco's data platform operates at massive scale processing billions of network events across the enterprise and converting that into actionable insights in real time. Cisco's data platform team consists of Data Scientists, Data Modelers/Analysts, and Platform engineers collaborating on building the next generation data platform that powers the enterprise. You'll lead and collaborate as part of a disruptive software engineering team that is passionate about transforming the networking industry
Who you are
• Desired skills:
• Have a high bar for quality of the product.
• Expertise in testing high performance, highly scalable solutions deployed on the cloud (AWS or others)
• Creative, independent, self-motivated and willing to learn new technology.
• Possess good understanding of QA methodologies and processes.
• Ability to take up variety of roles in a startup environment.
• Excellent troubleshooting abilities spanning multiple software and hardware components (such as switches, storage systems, kernels and containers).
• Good knowledge of Linux and should be comfortable with shell.
• Prior experience of programming, preferably in Go or Python.
• Knowledge of ESXi, HyperV, KVM is a plus.
• Understanding of storage concepts is a plus.
• Experience with distributed systems (databases, storage, map-reduce frameworks, etc.) is a plus.
• Strong test planning ability is a big plus.
• Expert in building complex automation frameworks using Python or Go programming skills
• Experience in developing REST APIs, very good understanding of networking concepts, L2 - L7 protocols.
• Expertise in testing container technologies and writing containerized software (using docker, lxc, kubernetes or mesos)
• Develop, test and deploying applications to PaaS platfoms like Heroku, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Google App Engine etc.
• Minimum Qualifications
• 10 - 12 years of working experience in a high impact software development team
• MSEE/CS combined with 5+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 7+ yrs related experience.
• 5+ years' experience with testing "systems" products (network analytics, networking, virtualization, etc.)
• Programming experience in Java/Python, GoLang is a big bonus
• Linux systems engineering exposure, familiarity with Virtualization
• Experience in all phases of SW development cycle with some exposure to agile development methodologies
• Excellent problem solving skills.
Why Cisco We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.