What You'll Do
You will work closely with the Cisco UCS VIC adapter software development team to design and implement I/O solutions for the UCS product family deployments in modern virtualized data centers. You will be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into cloud computing. Who You'll Work With
You will be part of the Cisco organization that is driving the evolution and expansion into cloud computing. Champion new methodologies and create scalable software solutions that help build next generation data centers.
Who You Are
You have a deep I/O technical and implementation focus with broad knowledge of and exposure to embedded systems, sever, networking or storage systems software development are essential for success in this role. You have the capability and the will to learn, understand, implement, improve, explain, promote Cisco VIC based innovative networking and/or storage technologies. You are an expert in firmware for high speed networking or storage adapters/linecards and firmware for PCIe devices or inter-connects. You have experience with ethernet NIC device drivers for either Windows, or Linux/ESX and storage HBA device drivers for either Windows, or Linux/ESX.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- Data center networking development, such as DCBX/PFC, NIV/802.1BR, QoS, L2/L3 switching, forwarding ASICs, ACL, SPAN/ERSPAN, tunneling, L4-L7 networking protocols or services including TCP Proxy, Load Balancers, network firewalls, network processors, NetFlow, VxLAN/NVGRE, OpenFlow, DPDK
- Embedded systems software/firmware development for networking/storage adapters, such as physical/MAC layer, NCSI, I2C/SMBus, BIOS/BMC interfaces, SAN/PXE/iSCSI boot
- PCIe sub-systems or inter-connects, such as SR-IOV
- Networking protocols, including L2 Ethernet switching and TCP/IP
- Storage protocols, such as FC, FCoE, iSCSI, NFS, SCSI
- Network or storage device drivers development in either Linux, Windows, ESX
- Kernel, hypervisor or virtual machine monitor development, such as Hyper-V, ESX, KVM, Xen, OVM
- High performance and/or low latency I/O, such as RDMA
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
#firmware # adapters #embedded systems #networking #storage #PCI #SCSI #FCoE #FC #drivers #kernel
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.