Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1021877
What You'll Do
We are looking for individuals who have a passion and experience in working with cloud-based technologies, working on platform and software as a service solutions, responsibilities will include define, design and develop new software features for network configuration and management.
•Define and implement new features in a Java based application
•Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders as needed
Who You'll Work With
Cloud and Virtualization Group (CVG) for open SDN and controller software.
CVG's NFV team is building a standards-based, open software-overlay management and provisioning system Cisco Virtual Topology System (VTS). VTS automates data center network fabric provisioning for virtual and physical infrastructure. The system offers a rich set of automation and programmability capabilities across the entire Cisco Nexus switching portfolio to enhance the deployment of cloud-based services.
Imagine having the opportunity to work in a team developing security technologies to prevent emerging Internet security threats. Cisco Security Technology Business Unit is looking for Software Engineers to develop next generation web applications for managing Firewall and Intrusion prevention systems. In this role you will participate in the design & development of applications to configure network security policies, intrusion prevention rules and develop framework to monitor blocked threats/attacks by security appliance. Opportunity to learn & develop using latest technologies including Yang modeling, Java and Python programming technologies
Who You Are
• Bachelors/Master's degree in Computer Science/IT/Electronics/Electrical Engineering with 7+ years related working experience
• Strong programming skills - Java, Python
• Knowledge of current APIs, such as REST, NETCONF, RESTCONF
• Experience working with structured modeling languages such as XML, JSON, YANG
• Good understanding networking technologies
• Good understanding of systems technologies and platforms (e.g. Linux)
• Network administration with Cisco, Juniper and similar WAN environments
• Network Management experience
• Strong communication and leadership skills are essential. Must be a strong team player and have excellent collaborating skills
• Hand-on experience with Cisco device's CLI
• Administration and configuration of OpenStack, or VMWare
• Network Function Virtualization (NFV) concepts
• Software Defined Networking (SDN) concepts
• Working experience in data center virtualization
This position will need to reside in San Jose, CA.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Cloud
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.