Additional Location(s) or Information: Research Triangle Park, RTP, NC preferred, also open to other US based locations
Job Category: Services
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1013003
The Business Entity
Technical Services at Cisco is a team of world-class experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores. Your opportunity to impact the health and performance of networks and systems that surround us all are limitless. Your career growth options will be BOLD, as we realize our vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world. Make an impact with us!
TS Training provides best in class learning products and services to our worldwide customer support teams; and deliver timely and effective technical learning opportunities globally to our customers by designing, delivering and continuously improving our learning products and services.
Role & Responsibilities
In this impactful role, you will:
• Develop and maintain a big data architecture for TS Training and other Learning@Cisco teams to help drive business development
• Support and develop integration of external systems via API, XML, AJAX, other technologies
• Help develop and maintain all TS Training metrics tools
• Work with key stakeholders to identify business opportunities and outcomes through data analysis.
• Develop machine learning/AI applications
• 10 or more years' experience working on a large high impact software development team
• MSEE/CS combined with 5+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 7+ yrs related experience
• Experience with machine learning
• Strong Programming experience in C/C++/Java/Python/PHP
• Linux system development exposure, familiarity with Virtualization
• Experience in all phases of SW development cycle with some exposure to agile development methodologies
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Experience with AWS and OpenStack technologies
• Experience in container technologies and writing containerized software (docker, lxc, kubernetes, mesos)
• Expertise in building high performance, highly scalable solutions
• Familiarity with TensorFlow, Predict IO, other machine learning packages
• Expertise with Dataflow, Flink, Spark, Storm, Kafka,Elastic
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
#softwareengineer #bigdata #JAVA #PHP #machinelearning
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Services
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.