Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1024422
Software Engineer III
San Jose, CA
The Business Entity
Wide Area Application Services, a part of Core Software Group of Cisco, develops products that deliver LAN-like performance to applications across the Wide Area Networks. Our industry leading products integrate the routing, security, caching and WAN Optimization Technologies to provide exceptional user experience.
You will be a part of a highly talented team that is developing next-generation of Application Optimization Products delivering a seamless user experience across the Wide Area Networks for variety of applications like Web, Mail, Internet File Systems and Video. You will learn and contribute to most advanced techniques & algorithmic in application optimization. We are a team that is passionate about our work and dedicated to our customers' success.
Role & Responsibilities
Develop innovative solutions to deliver exceptional customer experience
• Work with product marketing to understand the customer requirements
• Translate customer requirements into specific network functions
• Find innovative ways to offer the network functions in WAAS Products
• Design, code, test and support the software in customer deployment
• MS (EE/CS) with 3+ years of related experience or BS (EE/CS) with 5+ years of industry experience
• Hands on Programming in C/C++ and development in Linux/Unix environment
• Good understanding of L4 to L7 protocols like TCP, HTTP, Mail and File Applications
• Good understanding of all phases of software development and test processes
• Passion for software development - writing/testing/fixing tons of code
• Specific knowledge of TCP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, CIFS, MAPI, ICA, RDP is highly desired
• Exposure to Virtualization, VDI and Cloud Technologies is a plus
• Prior experience developing networking products is a plus
• Exposure to application/network optimization techniques is highly desirable
• Proven ability to identify, analyze and solve issues in distributed software applications is a plus
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.