At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Technical Manager for the Automotive and Aerospace Solutions Division (AASD) located in Maplewood, MN. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Technical Manager
will lead the U.S. product development and engineering teams, and closely partner with our international teams, responsible for commercializing structural adhesives and composite materials for the Automotive and Aerospace industries. For additional information, please visit:
include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises and leads a team of highly motivated, innovative technical employees
- Drives the new product development programs through all stages of commercialization
- Develops product and technology roadmaps aligned with customer needs and the business strategy
- Builds out future Intellectual Property (IP) strategy
- Supports management of change processes for existing product portfolio
- Maintains culture of excellence in safety and compliance
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined laboratory and/or management experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined product development and/or commercialization experience
Location: Maplewood, MN Travel: May include up to 15% domestic/internationalRelocation: Is authorized
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Automotive Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Materials Science or related discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined product development and/or commercialization experience
- Experience in Body-in-White automotive assembly processes
- Experience in adhesive bonding technologies
- Strong business acumen with the ability to influence at all levels
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Ability to motivate, develop and coach laboratory personnel
- Strong customer focus approach (i.e. Customer Insight, Customer Inspired Innovation and/or Front End Innovation experience)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.