Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Technical Manager, Site Reliability Engineering to join a quickly maturing devops engineering culture where everyone is deeply focused on service maturity, live site reliability and modern engineering principles.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep passion for understanding how complex systems work and how to simplify them. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys creating systems to solve operational challenges. They will be comfortable with investigation into how the software performs, network traffic flows, and service daemons interact with one another. Responsibilities
- Manage, mentor, motivate, and level up members of the SRE team.
- Work directly with development and engineering teams to ensure end-to-end availability and performance of Blizzard's services.
- Ensure that services are operational and meeting the needs of Blizzard players.
- Balance the need to "keep the lights on" with allocating time to proactive and preventative efforts.
- Ensure that all services provide accurate and effective telemetry.
- Nurture the marriage of code, infrastructure, OS, and network to help Blizzard services scale.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Exceptional ability to lead, inspire, and develop people
- Unrelenting champion of service availability and reliability, downtime is not in your vocabulary
- Obsessed with continual service improvement and automation
- Able to effectively discuss, translate, and describe highly complex topics with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle; including CI and CD pipeline architecture
- Familiar with configuration management tooling such as; Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with service discovery tools such as; Zookeeper, Consul, or Etcd
- Can read and write in one or more programming languages; Python, C/C , Go, Java, Scala
- Passionate gamer and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Comfortable working in a fast pace high demand work environment
- Highly intuitive and able to make quick educated conclusions based on numerous information sources
- Healthy understanding of game industry landscape and evolving business models
- Experience with public and private cloud, including OpenStack, AWS, and Google
- Highly technical background with an BS in Computer Science is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Blizzard Entertainment Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated again on the basis of disability.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.