*Technical Marketing Consultant, Round Rock, TX*
Join Dell’s PowerEdge Product Management team and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire excellence. Our unique position as a server technology leader ensures that you’ll be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your goals. The Technical Marketing Sr. Advisor role within the PowerEdge team is responsible for creating and driving customer and sales technical knowledge of servers, messaging, and product knowledge into the field for the PowerEdge portfolio and key technologies in a compelling way. This position is unique from a traditional product management role in that it will focus on defining strategies and driving success of the server portfolio by enabling sales channels with information that draws out key differentiators in the PowerEdge portfolio. The scope for this position includes working with the platform product managers to bring unique server technologies/features, usage cases, and benchmarks to light and how they solve pain points for customers and deliver value. In this position, you will establish yourself as a technical expert for the PowerEdge product portfolio and support evangelizing and education of sales teams, Dell’s reseller channel, alliance partners, and other internal stakeholders. The right person for this position must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and have the drive to deliver compelling technical-based customer facing information.
· Provide technical marketing expertise through hands-on experience and critical thought that includes engaging with Dell’s field and engineering teams to define relevant strategies and formulating essential deliverables to meet the needs of sales channels and positioning differentiation of PowerEdge servers and systems management. A key focus here includes identifying strategies that showcase server-based points of view that include solutions/workloads (i.e., SQL, Oracle, Collaboration, etc.), enabling technologies (i.e., flash storage, GPUs, Comms, etc.), along with developing software based data center offerings that require a PowerEdge point of view.
· Software defined data centers are taking shape and it will be important for the person in this role to help shape the server point of view as it relates to storage, networking and compute. Shaping this point of view will involve understanding vendor technology roadmaps and working with server planners and other lines of business in storage and networking to have a cohesive point of view.
· Clearly and convincingly evangelize the PowerEdge portfolio and key server technologies:
o Key technologies include server sub-systems along with how Dell’s OpenManage portfolio of systems management offerings also complement the server and build a sticky value proposition.
o General product technical information and related deliverables including white papers, sales collateral, tools, and other marketing items as required.
o Competitive information and portfolio comparisons that includes head to head workload testing that showcases Dell’s differentiation beyond simple technical specifications.
o Creating test scenarios, benchmarks, examples and marketing materials to illustrate product features, advantages, and positioning along with supporting value propositions – Performance, Payback, Price/Performance, time savings, ROI/TCO and other essential customer criteria used for purchase decisions.
· Engage with third party testing alliances to define statements of work and program manage accordingly.
· Work cross LOB to build compelling solutions testing and benchmarks as they might apply.
· Define and collaborate on opportunities to drive Dell points of view as they may intersect with other lines of business and tie in the server perspective.
· Understand go-to-market programs and support the technical marketing needs of those programs.
· Participate in training development and delivery for sales routes to marketing including direct sales, key alliances, and channel partners.
· Participate in roadshows, alliance events and other customer and partner driven opportunities to both learn about gaps in technical knowledge as well as gather further perspectives that can improve positioning Dell’s server portfolio.
· Social media is essential to support Dell’s leadership position in the market and articles, blogs, videos, etc. are a key deliverable for further explaining technical information internally and externally.
· Candidates should have solid technical background, relevant domain knowledge, and strong drive for results, business understanding, and out-of the box creativity.
· Familiarity with workloads as they may relate to software defined solutions along with traditional workloads involving Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft applications is important.
· Previous server or storage experience as either a product manager or engineer would be highly useful.
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross line of business engaging at multiple levels.
· Must have initiative to resolve problems with a combination of self-research and consulting with experts in what can be an unstructured environment.
· Self-starter that can effectively define approach and drive programs with minimal oversight.
· Sensitive to deadlines and highly flexible in adjusting to new deadline priorities.
· Exemplary presentation, written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with colleagues and customers at all levels of expertise.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point required.
· Industry certifications and/or work experience with server related technologies would be a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree required in computer science, engineering or related technical field; Advanced degree highly desired.
**Job:** **Marketing - Technical Marketing*
**Organization:** **Commercial Sales and Enterprise Solutions*
**Title:** *Technical Marketing Consultant*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000ZTZ*