In this hardware Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) position, you will be joining a high performing, diverse and inclusive team in ADSC (Application Design and Support Center) within Americas Sales & Marketing Org (ASMO) and will be responsible for the technical enabling and support of customers designing in Intel Solid State Drives (SSDs) and Internet of Things Group (IOTG) products. This position requires a strong sense of responsibility, self-motivation, and self-management. The successful applicant will provide product and platform level technical support for a large variety of customers ranging from embedded to large datacenter customers. Common duties would include product/platform debug and resolution of customer's technical issues, reviewing customer designs (schematic and layout) and providing design-in guidance.
Successful candidate will have:
- Minimum B.S. in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering
- 3 years of technical debugging/validation, technical support experience, complimented with customer facing skills.
- Technical fluency in debugging platform/system issues that may be hardware, firmware, and/or application related
- Strong lab and debug skills, including experience working with and analyzing output from test equipment such as the ITP, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and protocol analyzers.
- Ability to analyze, breakdown, understand complex problems and communicate solutions effectively is required
- Familiarity with reviewing and interpreting schematics. (PCB layout files review experience is a plus.)
- Ability to define and resolve technical issues, in addition to driving issue resolution across multiple development teams, groups and divisions, while maintaining centralized communication ownership.
- Must have demonstrated ability to listen, understand, and respond professionally to customer questions/issues. Candidate must work independently and in a team environment, multitask effectively and exhibit strong influencing skills and customer orientation
- Experience with HDD/SSD systems/protocols and/or SAS/SATA/PCIe (NVMe) and solid foundation of storage components and interfaces, RAID controllers, HBAs, Expanders, and JBODs
- Troubleshooting, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer management skills are critical to success in this role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Occasional domestic travel required.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.