Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1021114
The Business Entity
The Digital Cloud and Products Group under Cisco IoT and Applications Technology Group is responsible for engineering cloud/on-prem based experience, operations and engagement platforms, products and solutions to accelerate our customer's transformation into winning digital businesses.
Has developed and taken to market multiple Internet of Everything (IoE) solutions and platforms addressing problems for line of business owners in healthcare, financial services, sports and entertainment, smart+connected communities, retail, hospitality, education, etc.
The team led the creation of Cisco's Application-Oriented Networking and Industry Solutions such as StadiumVision, HealthPresence, Remote Expert, Interactive Services, Smart+Connected Communities (S+CC), Patient Connect, Smart Locker, etc.
This role will impact Digital Services Brokerage/Management and Application Enablement platforms, and solution kits across multiple verticals for Cisco internal use, partners, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and customers.
Role & Responsibilities
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer to develop innovative, market leading digitization platforms and SaaS solution offerings across multiple verticals. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a startup type environment as an integral part of a close knit cross-functional team working closely with lighthouse customers to productize and rollout platforms and SaaS solutions.
Specific job responsibilities include
▪ Provide technical leadership in product requirements definition, setting technical direction for product evolution based on deep understanding of customer requirements
▪ Create detailed marketing collateral targeted for both Technical Decision Makers (TDMs) and Business Decision Makers (BDMs)
▪ Perform competitive analysis of offerings from various other vendors. This may include paper analysis as well as driving cross-functional testing efforts
▪ Present solutions both internally and externally to Cisco
▪ Conduct product demos and support customer Proof-of-Concepts
▪ Support field personnel in pre-sales technical consultations and customer meetings
▪ Support customers and sales through email aliases, customer calls, Execute Briefing Center (EBC), etc.
▪ Work with go-to-market partners to enable them to scale their business
▪ Develop impactful demos and enable sales and account teams and EBCs to deliver these demos independently
▪ Evangelize product/technology during the industry events and provide technical and logistical support for trade shows
▪ Be responsible for the technical responses for all customer RFIs/RFPs/RFQs
▪ Create custom solution architectures for customers based on their unique requirements
▪ Assist in solution delivery and support customer specific integrations to their IT systems
▪ Provide a first line of customer support for the organization for critical engagements
▪ Develop proof of concepts using rapid prototyping techniques
▪ Work with engineering to streamline install, configuration and administration procedures
▪ Work with engineering to validate external facing technical documentation
▪ Work closely with cross-functional teams for providing customer use cases and feedback
▪ Understand competitive landscape and industry solutions and work with product management to improve solution offerings
▪ BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering
▪ At least 7 years of related experience and 15+ years of experience in software development
▪ Strong Unix/Linux background
▪ In-depth knowledge of systems development life cycle (SDLC)
▪ In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and UDP protocols and applications and fundamental network design and operation
▪ Strong knowledge of virtualization (VMware), cloud computing concepts and distributed systems
▪ Working knowledge of hospital IT and clinical systems like EMRs (Epic, Cerner), staff assignment systems, RTLS, patient education systems, etc.
▪ Working knowledge of Cisco's collaboration technologies with hands-on experience in deploying video call control capabilities
▪ Working knowledge of video streaming technologies including live broadcast, video-on-demand and IPTV
▪ Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
▪ MS Computer Science or equivalent preferred
▪ Comfortable with PHP, Java, SQL and scripting languages
▪ Strong foundation in datacenter and Java application architectures
▪ Experience with cloud technologies such as OpenStack, AWS, Azure
▪ Excellent knowledge of Agile Methodologies with relevant experience in all phases of Product Life Cycle
▪ Ability to present to senior level executives both inside and outside the company
▪ Ability to work independently with only minimal management oversight.
▪ Excellent written, oral and presentation skills along with superior interpersonal skills
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: *None
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.