Get on board with a team that is highly effective, passionate, and fun to work with. Join today as a Technical Marketing Manager and become the hub that connects Customers with our Product Management team, Engineering, Marketing and Sales by delivering tools and programs to help increase growth and simplify the sales cycle. Have the opportunity to flex your creativity, connect with new exciting people, learn, and accelerate your career for a leading storage and cloud provider !
We are seeking a high-energy self-motivated technical marketing professional with experience in effectively managing concurrent projects, tool development, customer relations, IT marketing, presentation and demonstrations skills, that is looking to expand their role and drive comprehensive programs for a rapidly growing portfolio. This person will lead efforts around technical relationships internally and externally and will drive innovative strategies and aggressively execute throughout Oracle's geographic regions.
This individual will have high visibility within executives, engineering, sales organizations and directly with customers globally. This person is expected to have excellent communications and team building skills, and a strong understanding of IT. This person will multi-purpose and become a subject matter expert with a deep understanding of Storage and Cloud products and what customers are considering and identify their purchase drivers.
Individual must have aspirations for visualization tools, gaming, data analytics, data center designs, including Oracle applications, virtualiztion, cloud environments, and data security. Semi fundamental knowledge of SAN and NAS storage, experience in creating and delivering effective tools to convey technical concepts to audiences with varying levels of knowledge. Able to assemble information from multiple sources into a coherent structure to create tools as needed to meet requirements.
- Predominantly Creativity - Software Developer, Develop effective sales tools that convey technical advantages and help to reduce and simplify sales cycle for Direct and Partner distribution channels (e.g., sizing guide, compatibility matrix, product demos, and videos) that support the selling process.
- Web Design - Design user friendly active web pages
- Organized - Manage concurrent programs, Multi-purpose, communications, and planning
- Social Skills - Be the link and collaborate between Engineering and Sales/Marketing and customers.
- Customer exposure - Meet with customer to demonstrate technical products and services.
- Competitive - Tracks technical capabilities of competing solutions in collaboration with Product Management and Competitive Intelligent team.
- Inquisitive - Responsible for monthly customer satisfaction survey (online & face to face/phone)
- Work with PMs to maintain accurate survey schedule of active customers
- Send quarterly P Improved booklet featuring company improvements per customer feedback
- Provide day-to-day support for key technology initiatives and activities, including articles, creating PowerPoint slides, producing videos, and analyzing survey results.
- 3 years of technical communications or technical documentation experience in an enterprise application software company.
- Degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Sales Engineering or Product Management experience
- Should have in-depth experience with: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to audiences ranging from technologists to executives.
- Highly organized, self-directed business style, with strong ability to prioritize.
- Must work well in a team, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third-parties in a way that both informs and inspires.
- Willing to have fun and travel
- Highly self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Team player with strong sense of urgency.
- Flexible and willing to do "what it takes" to help the company getting the job done.
- Candidates with high energy, a responsive attitude, and a desire for success will be given preference.
- Some travel required (15%).
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA a plus.
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Suggest and justify product directions and specifications. Specify, design and implement moderate changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.