Overview: Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Responsible for managing and performing marketing and R&D activities for all product groups in AIC (Neurosurgery, Laparoscopy, Cardio Thoracic Surgery. Surgical Technology, Sterile Technology, Closure Technology) and to support local marketing with technical expertise. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Conducts on going research to define user needs (includes interfacing with hospital personnel, surgeons, nurses, and sales representatives, surgical observation, and literature review) to develop and maintain medical device products.
- Collects and assists marketing and R&D to translates user and marketing needs into design requirements (input specifications).
- Assess new product ideas, either received from the market or generate by observed market needs, and compile them into product concepts.
- Practices frequent networking with KOLs, Institutes and Universities to expose unmet user needs and to discover useful new technologies.
- Coordinates overall KOL project management and oversees and manage KOL budgeting.
- Supports, executes and/or coordinates high priority Market Preference Evaluations (MPE), Pre Market Approval (PMA), Cadaver/lab tests.
- Assists with organizing and conducting Advisory Board Meetings to capture trends in surgery.
- Generates and coordinates NDAs and Consultant Agreements, etc. with KOLs, Institutes and Universities.
- Recruits new clinical advisors for the benefit of AIC.
- Attends to congresses to analyze competitors and current trends in surgery.
- Browses peer-reviewed literature to keep a eye on the current situation in surgery.
- Supports R&D in creating product specifications, design reviews, regulatory documents and risk analysis.
- Coordinates all IP activities for AIC.
- Supports AIC Product Management and RA in all technical needs and acts as Project Manager on selected projects.
- Keeps close contact to AAG R&D, Production, RA and Marketing to pull necessary information.
- Coordinates activities and facilitates relationship between AIC and AAG with special regards to R&D Germany and US.
- Cooperates in developing R&D and Marketing processes.
- Coordinates activities with members of various departments to achieve corporate objectives (includes marketing, sales, operations, R&D, RA, QA).
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned.
- Leads and manages assigned projects and cross-functional assignments.
- Drives and controls R&D process with suppliers and OEM customers.
- Must comply with applicable ISO (e.g. ISO 13485) and FDA regulations (e.g. 21 CFR Part 820) as stated in Quality Manual
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally by air and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued drivers license and passport.
- Must be able and willing to spend time in the OR during surgeries by following the local Hospital and OR code of conduct and regulations.
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills including subject-specific terminology.
- Computer skills in Windows, Lotus e-mail, Excel, Power Point and word processing desirable. SAP experience desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
- Able to pass and maintain annual Vendor Credentials such that healthcare facilities allow entrance into patient care areas in direct association with marketing and selling of groups products.
- Contribute to creating a climate of trust, ethics, and accountability by effectively seeking out and accepting feedback from others.
- Possess the ability to exceed expectations with the customer in mind and take responsibility for driving key results as well as empower others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrate behaviors that drive efficiency by understanding and improving processes as well as sharing best practices.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Bachelor's or better Master's degree in Marketing or Engineering or equivalent work experience, specifically in Technical Marketing Engineering
- 3 years minimum experience in Marketing or R&D of Medical device products
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- This position could require the handling of instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or other body fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.