Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Manager is responsible for ensuring availability of the Comcast's core network and will provide overall direction and leadership for the CRAN reliability Engineering team that troubleshoots, operates and configures the network infrastructure that supports the Comcast National, Regional and local Data Centers as well as the Enterprise network. The manager will have prior hands-on experience supporting a variety of networking vendors, devices and protocols. The manger should also have a proven track-record of leading a technical operationsteam and support of a 24x7 team. The manager must have experience developing strong business relationships across peer organizations to collaborate on troubleshooting issues as well as new Comcast products and services. The manager should have working knowledge of network designs configurations, platforms and protocols.The manager will lead a team of technical engineers covering the network 24x7. Must have experience in problem and incident management and be able to multitask.
- The primary responsibility is to provide oversight and service restoration activities to ensure maximum availability and limited downtime for our customers
- The manager will lead major incident management and technical bridges and engage the proper technical resources to resolve manger issues.
- The technical manager will be able to correlate and communicate business impact to senior leadership team.
- The Manager provides overall direction and leadership to the operational activities of the Network 0perations Center
- Manage a network operation team to ensure optimal network performance including monitoring troubleshooting and restoration.
- Monitor team communications to guarantee that emails, tickets and phone calls follow company policies and meet client expectations.
- Ensure proper troubleshooting steps and processes are well documented within knowledgebase and employed by all direct reports.
- The Manager will provide day to day interface leadership for and support to engineers in support of overall business objectives.
- Work closely with other teams such as commercial, voice, Video teams to support and ensure availability of products.
- Ensure team is properly trained in configurations and technologies and designs and ensure deployments are implemented seamlessly and automation is used to improve throughput of deliverables.
- Work closely with the managing Director on budget spend and forecasting, informing the finance team on upcoming CAPEX and OPEX needs.
- Communicates with key players on operational issues, escalations, and notifies senior management of high severity and chronic network issues.
- Oversees the deployment, tracking, inventory, and troubleshooting of equipment and systems.
- Works closely with vendors and resident engineer on platform hardware and software issues.
- Manages projects to ensure technical readiness for new business requirements.
- Ensures performance metrics are being maintained for engineers and that network and operational reports are generated.
- Oversee end to end problem and incident management lifecycle of issues and maintain related record databases.
- Develops and analyzes appropriate key performance indicators (KPI) and Service Level Agreement for the group and services.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or 7 years working in technical field
- 5 years overall work experience in technical field
- Any industry specific certification (Cisco, Juniper etc.) is a plus
- 5+ years of relevant, engineering or business management experience,
- Strong business and technical vision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- On call and ability to multitask in faced paced environment.
- Experience designing, developing, implementing business applications in requirements, testing,collaboration, development management, ITIL, CMDB, Service Catalog, and Incident Management
- Exceptional customer relationship skills and experience of managing vendors.
Comcast is anEOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employerand all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
A little about us:
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.