Company Description About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa
works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our
VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the
Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be. Job Description
The Operations and Infrastructure (O&I) Project Management Office (PMO) provides the program and project management expertise that keeps Operations and Infrastructure projects moving, on schedule and within budget. The team anticipates problems before they occur and determine solutions to accomplish project goals regardless of changing circumstances. The position of Project Manager plays a key role in the effective delivery of Visa's infrastructure technology.
This role will work with various senior business partners to execute on the projects, as well as manage issues and risk. Ensures that the project dashboard is up to date with key metric information (start/end dates, current budget, resources, PM assigned, high level status, and project type) and lead the monthly review process to focus on significant changes in timing, scope, resources, and cost, including analyzing trends, issues, and dependencies.
Specific Duties Include:
- Prepare project funding package documentation, charter and milestone schedule
- Project scheduling and planning, including ongoing schedule and status updates
- Maintain program and/or project level tracking and reporting of budgets and forecasts, including explanations for any variances
- Manage tasks and coordination of resources assigned to the project
- Risk identification and management
- Identification, management and resolution of issues and conflicts
- Weekly communication of status, issues and action items with assigned owners
- At least monthly preparation and presentation of project briefings
- Maintain document repositories and collaboration sites
- Coordinate multiple key stakeholder meetings, complete detailed analyses, preserve an accurate repository, and maintain a running schedule of topics is critical to successful performance of this position
- Track spend vs budget to ensure adherence and delivery within budget.
- Communicate with various levels within the organization including senior management, project managers, and engineers.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects
- Demonstrate and leverage strong business and financial acumen
- Partner and collaborate with cross-organizational functions to deliver on objectives
- Work with virtual teams located in different time zones and with differing cultures
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; in particular, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally
- Leverage well developed interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive working relationships with customers and key stakeholders. Exhibit strong leadership qualities and organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills. Ability to organize material, analyze a wide variety of facts and develop appropriate recommendations
- Strong presentational skills, capable of summarizing and communicating key project portfolio health and financial information at an executive level
- Excellent project- and time-management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically when planning, and managing processes.
- A strong work ethic: A self-starter who can solve problems creatively and work well with others in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and remain flexible
- Must have a high attention to detail and accuracy in all work products
Education, experience and technical skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field
- MBA or Master's degree in a related field preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint & Visio skills.
Knowledge of Project Management Methodology, Software Development Lifecycles including Agile and Waterfall
- Previous experience using Clarity PPM, JIRA, or a similar project management tool is a plus.
- Solid understanding of next gen infrastructure.
- Prior experience in a Fortune 1000 company a plus
- 8+ years' experience in a technical project management role
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.