Technical Operations Engineering Manager (North America/EMEA)
Technical Operations Engineering Manager is ultimately responsible for the technical operations and quality of Symantec Enterprise manufacturing partners ensuring that products shipped meet specifications and quality goals. Candidate plays a critical role in the creation and deployment of our manufacturing and refurbishment systems, and will have substantial direct exposure to Symantec Suppliers, business operations team, new HW Engineering and senior management. The Technical Operations Engineering Manager will manage a small team of supply base and sustaining test engineers residing at not only at our Mountain View campus but also at other US or EMEA sites. These manufacturing sites are primarily responsible for final configuration and refurbishment of Symantec Enterprise products and shipment to customers. Functional expectations include:
- Provide direction to implement, plan, develop, organize, and continuously improve production areas to maximize productivity efficiencies and to minimize scrap and downtime
- Lead group to analyze manufacturing processes and systems, establishing strategic plan for continued process improvement.
- Lead cross-functional teams to improve efficiency, effectiveness, flexibility or cost of the manufacturing processes.
- Key champion in managing supplier quality.
- Hands-on support of Symantec's quarter-end manufacturing and shipping needs.
- Ensure product and test environment changes are implemented correctly and effectively.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Formulates and executes long term plans for cost/profit control.
- Travel is required (~3-4/year)
Candidate is expected to be an extremely well organized individual with an ability to manage several competing issues simultaneously. Strong communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills needed, with prior experience working under the duress of demanding customers and supply chain demands. The ability to range from broad perspectives to specific details, with direct engagement of senior management through technical/R&D/Engineering communities will be required. A strong desire and passion for quality systems is needed. Deep understanding of what is actually required to create a robust system and a willingness to be creative in the methods used to achieve that end result will be expected. Significant manufacturing engineering experience in the high tech industry is needed as well as strong understanding of RCCA fundamentals (8D, 5 Whys, etc).
BS Engineering, Science, Math.
Valuable background and experiences include :
- Server based architecture experience
- Prior successful assignments as a manufacturing or quality professional, manager, or systems implementer
- Supplier management, supplier quality and scorecards
- MBA or Financial skills
- Global Experience.
- Database systems experience (Oracle)
- Formal Quality Training/Certifications
- Project Management
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.