• Higher level technical qualifications in an engineering or facilities-related discipline with a minimum of 5 years practical experience.
• Proven record of management of complex facilities support services to a large office or pharmaceutical facility, including a GxP environment
• Displays knowledge of the Research & Development process and understands GxP requirements
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with key external contract partners, to deliver appropriate site services in agreement with established contracts.
• Experience of Lean Sigma/OE/ADP techniques
• Thorough understanding of statutory legislation responsibilities in a technically complex environment.
• Acts as a role model for applying standards to ensure compliance.
• Financially literate, analyzes budget performance for WREF/CBS cost centres, Capex and P&L
Familiar with Statutory compliance requirements and Health and Safety legislation.
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
The Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities (WREF) organization oversees and operates 16 million square feet of space with a population of over 28,000 GSK and other staff, including all R&D laboratories and pilot plant, CH R&D laboratories and pilot plant and all WREF office accommodation. This portfolio of property currently requires an annual spend of more than £450m in operating costs and £200m in capital investment
This role will provide ongoing support to WREF Operations, responsible for Facilities Services and Capital Projects programme management. This will include the development and improvement of process that support the operational delivery model and interfaces with other GSK functions, service partners and other 3rd party providers.
The purpose of this role is to support the consistent delivery of facilities and services, working to ensure they are aligned to the local needs and priorities of the business, and to ensure that cost, quality and compliance metrics are achieved by key contract partners.
The incumbent will be responsible for regional compliance to external licensing and statutory requirements for services provided by WREF.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
• Verification and approval of all contract partners Critical and Key Performance Indicators - ensuring GSK's support services requirements are met.
• Identification and evaluation of business driven variations to service delivery - local approval and escalation
• Lead investigations and remedial plans in the site for ; significant service failures, critical/major audit findings, dispute resolution and process improvements
• Champion implementation of standards and process improvement initiatives from WREF service towers into site delivery teams
• GSK responsible person for external licence or statutory duty holder requirements in WREF areas of responsibility.
• Manage 'one off' business projects as required by WREF Site Operations Director
• Representing these FM needs and priorities into WREF budgeting, and tower service specifications.
• Determine site facilities and utilities development needs and priorities in conjunction with contract partners. Represent these needs and priorities into WREF service towers
• Maintain ethics and compliance values even when potential risk exists
• Execute remediation plans from policy gap assessments. Escalating risks and or conflicts with local customer ways of working
• Deploy compliance processes locally and Identify/escalate operational risks to governance teams
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.