Technical Principal Consultant - Java Development
Posted: August 04, 2016
Reference ID: 16000VOU
Oracle's Primavera is the leading global provider of cloud and on-premise Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) solutions. EPPM leaders and executive stakeholders across all industries rely on Oracle's Primavera solutions to improve strategy execution, operations, and financial performance.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
• Interface with our customers to gather requirements and produce requirements specification document
• Create Technical Design Specification documentation
• Communicate technical issues to project managers and clients
• System analysis and troubleshooting
• Configuration and prototyping of new systems
• Contribute to the definition and adoption of technical standards
Perform peer code reviews
• Demonstrated technical leadership experience
• 8 years' experience in object-oriented development
• Strong experience in either one of the below area:
1. Java, Spring Framework, Web Application Development, Web Application Servers (Tomcat, Weblogic), Relational Databases (Oracle, SQL Server), Web Services and REST Services
2. Any Business Intelligence (BI) tool, PL SQL, installation and configuration of Oracle database on Windows and Linux OS
• Grails Framework skills are a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Familiarity with project management concepts and tools
• Presentation skills are a plus
• Experience in integration, data migration and any BI Reporting is a plus
• Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
You will be part of Primavera Consulting Technical Services Team who are responsible to build integrations, data migration, Business Intelligence Reports and Installation & Upgrades across Primavera Suite of products (Unifier, P6, OPPM & Instantis).
You will work with our customers to gather integration/data migration requirements, design, development, testing and deployment of the integration/data migration between Primavera Suite of Products (P6, Unifier, OPPM and Instantis) and other applications. You will follow Oracle's Unified Methodology for all deliverables.
6-8 years of experience relevant to this position including 3-4 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed
An experienced consulting professional who has an understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May act as the team lead on projects. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and configures detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
5-7 years of experience relevant to this position including 2 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.