GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Technical Product Analyst
Technical Product Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
You will operate in lock-step with product management to create a clear strategic direction for build needs, and convey that vision to the service's scrum team. You will direct the team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as stories and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt.
Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Service Owners and Developers.
In this role, you will:
* Work with cross-functional teams to deliver features and products
* Own the short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases
* Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
* Engage frequently (80%) with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities
* Own and manage the backlog; continuously order and prioritize to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready
* Collaborate with Design to know customers and understand behaviors
* Conduct customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas
* Partner with the Service Owner to ensure healthy development process
* Apply Agile principles to translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
* Show increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product
* Demonstrate ability to influence customers and product managers through persuasion and influencing
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Business Analysis
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with skills
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Must be willing to travel
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Chicago, IL
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Hands-on experience in decomposing requirements into robust Agile based User Stories, including strong acceptance criteria and requirement traceability
* Experience with Rally or JIRA is a big plus.
* Experience with reporting on Agile based metrics including burn-up, burn-down, velocity, etc.
* Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
* Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
* Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
* Demonstrates knowledge on technical topics, such as caching, APIs, data transfer, scalability, and security
* Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the competitive environment
* Demonstrates knowledge of technologies in the market to help make buy vs build recommendations, scope MVPs, and to drive market timing decisions
* Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
* Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
* Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
* Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Effective team building and problem solving abilities
* Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.