Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionJoin our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.About the Team
The Technology Product Management team at Workday drives the product and strategy for Workday's secret sauce - our technology platform that was designed from scratch for the cloud We are growing at a fast pace, and we're looking for folks with a strategic vision and a proven track record for successfully getting sought-after products to market.About the Role
Does the challenge of ensuring an innovative SaaS architecture is highly performant for critical business needs of large multi-national companies appeal to you? Do you enjoy working with top technical architects to tackle hard problems? Do you want to explore this challenge for a fast-growing company poised to be a leader in the SaaS market?
In this role, you would:
- Collaborate with Workday's customers, development, operations, services, support and sales teams to understand their requirements
- Work with the 3rd party vendors, technical architects, development, operations, and infrastructure organizations through design, testing, product release, and maintenance
- Write detailed feature specifications based on requirements
- Manage uptake of new enhancements by coordinating with internal development
- Define a product roadmap and determine requirements for each release
- Participate in customer facing situations and user conferences as a product expert
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to adapt to change
- Experience with in-memory object graph systems
- Experience in building highly scalable, dynamically deployed, reliable systems
- Experience in distributed systems
- Solid understanding of operations of such systems in private and public data centers
- Ability to clearly articulate product requirements and prioritize enhancement requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
- Experienced with scrum and other agile development methods
- Experience with SaaS
- Experience with automation technologies
- 2+ years of product management, consulting, or development experience
- 2+ years of enterprise software experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical major
- Candidate would work at our Pleasanton, CA headquarters
The Workday Experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, Cantina happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a workday. At Workday, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.