Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
The Technology Product Management team at Workday drives the product and strategy for Workday's secret sauce - our technology platform that was designed from scratch for the cloud. We are growing at a fast pace, and we're looking for folks with a strategic vision and a proven track record for successfully getting sought-after products to market.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about the cloud-based future of infrastructure provisioning and software development. You have a deep empathy for what current operations and development groups experience with traditional provisioning and deployment practices, and you want to help them find a better way.
As a Technical Product Manager, you will need to understand the operational requirements as much as the user requirements. At Workday, we own the complete stack and tools that deliver our products across thousands of servers. We are looking for a product manager to own and deliver products similar to those you would see in Amazon's AWS suite of products or those in the Google Cloud Platform for the Workday development teams, be that virtualization, continuous delivery pipelines, deployment, monitoring, and logging. As a leader in these teams, you'll work with innovative, experienced engineers that build highly available systems and services across the entire stack.In this role, you will
- Help us grow our OpenStack installation to host thousands of VMs
- Collaborate with internal development, operations, infrastructure, and product teams to understand their requirements and priorities
- Write detailed feature specifications based on requirements
- Understand and align with the technical architecture and the DevOps approach
- Collaborate with 3rd party vendors and internal engineering and operations teams through the design, development, testing, product release, and maintenance of the product to ensure its quality and successful delivery
- Define a product roadmap and determine requirements for each release based on user requirements, technical architecture and business needs
- Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to adapt to change
- As a technical product manager in this space, it is important to have a reasonable understanding of operations (e.g. Linux, systems admin, monitoring, deployment, virtualization)
- Ability to clearly articulate product requirements and prioritize enhancement requests
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile development methods
- Experience building APIs and/or SaaS products
- 3+ years of product management, consulting, or engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical major
Workday does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Workday will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.