Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay is changing the way people connect and shop around the world. When you work for eBay, you become a part of a global company. Our interns and new hires are revolutionizing commerce by building apps, creating new platforms, and solving complex problems at a massive scale. What you work on here impacts the lives of millions every day. Technical Product Managers at eBay drive the creation of products from idea to launch, enabling commerce opportunities for millions around the world. The Product Management team is made up of data-driven decision makers that perform data analysis, draw insights from the analysis, and define features for our future products. We’re looking for the highest levels of talent, as well as a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward. You will work alongside the best and the brightest across both business and technical functions. As a Technical Product Manager, you will ensure the aggressive expansion of eBay’s business units. You will explore key opportunities for growth, create a stellar customer experience, and support all aspects of the business. You need to be dynamic, collaborative, and curious as we build new experiences and improve existing products that power the world’s largest e-commerce website at a scale few companies can match.
eBay hires innovators who can push boundaries and change the world. Design, develop, and manage activities for a specific product or group of products, from definition through post-release. Think globally and help eBay be on the leading edge with new products, and successful launches.
- Analytical. Be able to interpret abstract ideas into viable product lifecycle infrastructures
- Resourceful. Have the ability to do a lot with a little. Be able to aggregate information from various places and build relationships with key stakeholders to get the information you need
- Flexible. Be comfortable in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, work environment, and be able to adjust quickly as needed
- A strong communicator. Be able to communicate your vision to diverse technical and non-technical audiences
- Technical acumen. Understand and be comfortable with the product design lifecycle Have a clear understanding of the technologies involved in your product development
- Exceptional problem solving. Be solution oriented, focusing on how to resolve a problem, rather than what isn’t working
- A team player. Be willing to wear many hats and roll up your sleeves to get things done. A go-getter. Take on new opportunities, don’t shy away from challenges, and bring energy and enthusiasm to the office every day.
- Completed a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related major
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills • Great business acumen and communication skills
- Knowledge of data analytics and statistics (using SQL, R, Hive, etc)
- Ability to write scripts or snippets of code preferred
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
Available to work in one of the following locations:
- San Jose, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Brisbane, CA
- Bellevue, WA
- Portland, OR
- New York, NY
Disclaimer: Please note that by applying to this role, you are agreeing to be considered for multiple positions. This is a general description of the qualifications and skills required for positions of this type of role.