Technical Product Manager
Capital One is building a next-generation banking experience: one that blows past the industry status quo and delivers a world-class digital experience that resonates with how consumers live their lives. To do that, Capital One needs to expand its suite of services far beyond what normal banks expect of themselves.
Capital One’s Halo Team, an elite product development group in San Francisco, is tasked with building brand new products that translate the way banks talk into the way humans live. These new products and features live primarily outside of the core banking experience, but that needs to change.
The Halo Team is seeking an experienced technical product manager to create and manage the underlying capabilities behind the new products Capital One creates. This role is focused on creating capabilities across different products, ultimately building the capacity to ship faster, learn more, and reinvent banking faster.
What you'll do
- Work with new product leads to determine core capabilities that can be abstracted into a cross-product platform
- Manage the construction of new capabilities, building on services that exist deep inside bank architecture but that need to be exposed in a modern, flexible manner
- Maintain close ties to developers across the company, ensuring the services we create meet their needs as products evolve
- Iterate quickly and see the platform through to production and scale
What you’ll bring
- You have demonstrated a quick, deep understanding of developer needs and how to address them
- You’re a great storyteller: you can inspire teams about things that should exist that don’t exist yet
- You know how to keep the crowd warmed up while they fix the broken demo.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience as a modern platform manager
- Degree in Computer Science from a top-tier university, or equivalent
- 7 years of experience managing products from inception to production
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.