Oracle Public Cloud is experiencing significant growth resulting in rapid expansion of the underlying network infrastructure to support that growth. Our team is building a suite of solutions to facilitate secure interconnects with customers and network service providers.
We are looking for an exceptional leader with a strong technical product background in the internet or network service provider industry
who will own end-to-end service definition and delivery for network connectivity services.
Working alongside a team of network architects, sales consultants, and software development team, you will own service definition, roadmap and detailed product requirements for a set of cloud connectivity services to enhance the Oracle cloud service offerings.
As the service lead you will:
- - drive the strategy, direction and plans to deliver high quality features at a fast pace in alignment with customer as well organizational expectations;
- - build strong partnerships with global service providers to expand our connectivity service offerings for cloud customers and aggressively drive the connectivity ecosystem through its life-cycle across multiple global datacenters;
- - define the requirements and specifications for API-based integration, automated self-service capabilities, automated provisioning, reporting and any additional functionality to create an excellent user experience by creatively leveraging software development and network architecture teams.
In collaboration with the sales and marketing teams you will deliver high quality product collateral, influence pricing decisions as well as create the right positioning for the various options and services.
The role requires you to continuously monitor the evolving trends in cloud connectivity and network services and support the pre-sale as well as consulting teams as the SME on customer connectivity into Oracle cloud services. Qualifications
- - Bachelors in Telecommunications engineering or relevant experience
- - 7-10 years in product management, network architecture or related experience in the telecomm carrier, internet service provider or cloud services industry.
- - Proven experience in the network service provider space in various capacities including peering coordination, building NNI's, partnerships.
- - Demonstrable capability to analyze and adapt to changing market trends with the ability to articulate the value proposition for directional shifts.
- - Strong techno-commercial understanding of the IP, MPLS and transmission networking, internet exchanges, cloud exchanges, interconnect agreements and solutions to enterprises and wholesale carriers
- - Strong background in IP networking, datacenter network technologies, packet forwarding architectures and internet routing protocols (BGP, GRE, IPSec, VxLAN, Dot1Q, QinQ, 40G/100G futures, DNS, HTTP, netflow/Jflow etc).
- - Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to business audiences and business requirements to technical audiences.
- - Excellence in creating data sheets, user guides, case studies, and white papers with focus on detail and clarity.
- - A strong team player and the ability to build relationships both internal and external.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.