Technical Product Manager (TPM)
Provides technical management of the product/feature backlog with a customer-needs orientation. The role is the primary business interface into the Agile development teams writing detailed requirements in the form of User Stories.
The TPM also provides lifecycle product management support to the product management team.
- Has a technical management and customer-needs orientation
- Refines Epic-level requirements defined by the Product Line Manager (PLM)
- Translates Epics and authors detailed User Story level requirements that are then translated by the Business Systems Analysts (BSAs) into technical stories.
- Authors acceptance criteria to ensure product quality
- May gathers requirements from internal stakeholders, existing and potential customers as needed.
- Grooms User Story backlog as the Agile Product Owner; primary interface to Agile development and User Experience teams.
- Prioritizes backlog and defines order in which work is consumed by Agile development team
- Gains understanding of underlying customer needs and presents that vision as to the Business Systems Analyst, UX Lead and the Agile development team; voice of business and voice of customer
- Monitors implementation of each product project
- Maintains close interaction with Agile development leads, technical architects, User Experience team and key stakeholders
- Gains an understanding of systems architecture and interfaces so as to anticipate implications of solution additions, changes, enhancements.
- Anticipates, identifies and ensures resolution of any possible business & technical implications of any product features and solutions changes, enhancements, additions
- Packages the features into product releases
- Participates in and monitors testing of any product releases.
- Responsible for end to end testing
- Responsible for User Acceptance testing (UAT)
- Clearly articulates business and system risks of any product releases.
- Investigates new ecommerce technologies, business solutions, applications, partners, and suppliers for a set of product features.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Technical BS degree or similar work experience
- 7-10 years work experience to include systems development and analysis, business analysis and cross-functional projects.
- 5+ years experience in eCommerce, product management, marketing, operations or other business related functions
- 2+ years working in an Agile environment is highly preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Strong systems technical orientation
- Proven experience in gathering requirements and assessment of requirements to both technical and business applications
- Highly effective systemic thinking skills
- Superior communication skills with proven ability to relate with both technical and business professionals.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and project management skills
"Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status."
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.