Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
This position is located in Cranston RI. Cranston is the home of our R&D Center for our Water and Mechanical Products.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for technical sales support, design and engineering applications of Water Based Fire Protection Systems preliminary customer base in the USA and globally to our regional employees.
The Technical Product Support Specialist is in direct contact with customers and/or via first line customer support in Fire Protection Products sales organization.
The Technical Product Support Specialist will deliver Technical trainings within his field of expertise as required. Employee will gain exposure to the various types of Fire Protection Systems utilized within the industry today.
Candidate will be introduced to design software as well as nationally recognized design and installation standards and the importance of working with Engineering Department personnel for idea and information sharing.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Technical Support to Sales and Customers
- Support the full product range of Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Build and deliver Trainings as needed for customers and internal employee in close cooperation with Training Department
- Provide Design Services and Engineering of typical system solutions
- Write Technical letters on customer requests for specific issues and solutions
- Contribute with review and data on Technical Datasheets
- Provide advice and support projects by applying company solutions according international codes & standards (such as NFPA, FM)
- Support New Product Development Projects to both Engineering as well Product Management
- Project team member for large projects
- Attend and be pro-active part of assigned industry technical committees
The preferred candidate will have the following:
- Customer focused
- Problem-solver, self-starter and data and analytics driven by nature
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain relevant technological and business concepts that impact our business
- General knowledge of the Fire Protection Engineering principals and awareness of currents industry trends
- Understanding and application of the applicable NFPA standards in regards to water based fire protection including NFPA 13, 14, 25, 750 among others
- General awareness of the NFPA standards process
- Understanding and application of the applicable FM standards
- General awareness of the International Building Code (IBC)
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.