Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
As a Technical Project Manager, Global Privacy, you will:
Plan and execute technical delivery programs with cross-functional teams in various product areas.
You will dive in and learn about eBay’s data protection technologies, and be able to translate technical issues into business and technical requirements, and lead collaboration with functional product and technology leaders across the company.
Specifically, you will:
- Build privacy and data protection engineering principles into organizations without disruption to innovation.
- Conduct product privacy vulnerability assessments and provide concrete feedback to mitigate challenges
- Implement and oversee operation of a wide range of tools and technologies used by the privacy team and enterprise wide to identify, document, and mitigate privacy risks
- Be responsible for the maintenance and updating of all enterprise wide User Privacy and Cookie Notices
- Assist in responding to inquiries from product and business groups across the company regarding privacy and security requirements applicable to their activities
- Ensure compliance with eBay policies, laws and regulations relating to privacy and international data transfers
- Have a natural bias for getting things done, decompose complex asks into a delivery sequence.
- Have a passion for data driven decision-making while dealing with ambiguity
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to drive privacy engineering considerations
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of experience in technical program/project management
- Experience in privacy, security, or compliance, and with privacy principles and relevant technologies
- Experience collaborating with attorneys, software developers, and other program managers
- Excellent problem solving, consultation, organizational and project management skills, with the ability to deliver software product features
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Ability to conceive of and accept responsibility for projects and complete full life cycle, and capability to work as an individual contributor as part of a larger team.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Background dealing with privacy-related issues.
- Privacy or Information Security certification, such as CIPP/US, CIPT, CIPM, or CISSP
A little about us:
eBay is a global commerce platform and payments leader connecting millions of buyers and sellers.