We are building a new technology organization based in downtown Seattle. This new entity is being constructed with an entrepreneurial spirit that promotes an energetic and creative environment. We are unencumbered and will need your contribution to make it a world class engineering center with the laser focus on excellence. As a trusted enterprise vendor, Oracle is in the early stages to provide highly cost effective cloud solutions to its customer base.
We are specifically looking for a Technical Program Manager to join the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Group in Seattle. You will be responsible for:
* Managing the development and implementation process of the Cloud Infrastructure product offering
* Managing the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
* Planning, and directing schedules; monitoring budget/spending
* Monitoring the project from initiation through delivery
* Organizing interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints
* Managing a team of Technical Program Managers to coordinate large organizational initiatives
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommend and justify major changes to existing products/services/processes to better serve our customers. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Ten or more years of project management, product design or related experience needed. Two years or more of management experience.
You must have:
* 7 years experience managing the development and implementation of enterprise software products
* 2 years team management experience
* Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influencing skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
* The ability to work well with product managers to establish and maintain our roadmap, setting appropriate expectations and insuring our product and services meet our high operational excellence standards
Manage people for product development programs or projects focused on the delivery of a product through the design process, and into a finished state for external customers.
Manage people for product development programs or projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a product or computer-based system through the design process, and into a finished state for external customers. Plan and direct resource schedules as well as project budgets. Monitor the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customer on technical matters. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the product/program/project on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is important. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development and product management. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area preferred. Prefer seven years of project management, product design or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.