Symantec's mission is to secure and protect the world's data and devices. This is a breakthrough role in our Cloud Platform Engineering ( CPE) Team, that requires engineering & support of our public cloud infrastructure used for enterprise security products.
CPE builds, manages and supports all infrastructure to require by Symantec's Enterprise Security Teams.
CPE Team at Symantec has an opening for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to support infrastructure initiatives.
The ideal candidate possesses 7 - 10 years of experience in technical program management, plus experience managing complex, large-scale technology projects.
Experience in managing networking projects and data center rollouts is an essential requirement. The ideal candidate will be well versed with the life cycle of Networking and Data Center Operations Projects and will have successfully managed multiple, enterprise-scale technology projects
The TPM will lead cross-functional teams to drive the implementation and deployment of internal services, develop and document requirements, and project schedules.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator both written and verbally and will lead multi-discipline, highly technical project initiatives.
Candidate must be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues and remove barriers to project success.
The TPM will be fully competent in project management tools and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Bachelors degree and 7-10 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risk management. Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure. Proven ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous projects is essential
- Data Center, networking engineering, systems engineering background and demonstrated excellence
- Proficiency with Project Management tools
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience in management of complex technology infrastructure projects
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.