Blizzard Entertainment games don't just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers-and we support our games for years after they're in the hands of gamers world-wide.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Technical Program Manager - Data Products to join the growing Global Insights Team! The Program Manager is involved in helping to build and ship exciting data products. The Global Insights Team takes data gathered about how players play Blizzard's games and use it to build services that make that experience even better. This is a chance to work with all of Blizzard's awesome data and deliver something epic back to the players.
The role is about managing and delivering software projects and so is extremely collaborative. You will work primarily with engineers, stakeholders and executives.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and deliver software projects in collaboration with the team members involved.
- Think about the big picture for product fit while defining the small details about the Data Product projects.
- Articulate how the products integrate with other Blizzard departments
- Provide updates to key stakeholders while effectively working with internal resources for product delivery.
- Understand complex data information and translate them into clear business explanations for technical and non-technical team members.
- Effectively collaborate with the team members involved in the Data Product projects.
Required Application Materials
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or related field and 3-5 years of experience working in a Project Management capacity in a technical environment.
- Technical knowledge to discuss architecture and implementation details with software engineers.
- Previous experience shipping software products internally and externally.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Blizzard products a plus
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- **Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.