Oracle Public Cloud Infrastructure Group
Technical Program Manager - Hardware
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
Our team is responsible for supporting the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure service teams and regions through the introduction of new hardware from design stage through launch footprint delivery to the Oracle Data Centers. The team is responsible for the delivery of all test hardware (servers, racks and networking gear) as well as the initial launch footprint required for each service and region.
As a Technical Program Manager , you will have a chance to work with some of the best minds in the industry to define and implement the hardware that enables our service teams to build the best-in-class service for our cloud customers. You will plan and direct schedules, monitor the project from initiation through delivery, and organize cross-team activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. To facilitate on-time product delivery, you will work with a variety of stakeholders to prioritize work, identify and resolve dependencies, and maintain organizational focus. You will provide provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology, and to recommend and justify major changes to existing products/services/processes.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Hardware Engineering or related field; MBA is a plus
• 5 years experience in managing large scale technical programs spanning multiple teams and organizations, from conception to delivery
• Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to team with product managers to establish and maintain our roadmap, setting appropriate expectations and insuring our product and services meet our high standards for security excellence
• Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through internal and external organizations and individuals
• Experience in hardware design/qualification is a big plus
• Experience in adapting hardware for international deployment is a big plus.
• Experience working with supply chain is a big plus
The preferred location for this position is the Oracle Cloud Dev Centers in Seattle, Washington
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.