Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Global Shared Services Program Management Office has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced program manager to drive major hardware product development efforts. This person will lead CPSD Hyper-Converged and Converged Infrastructure delivery programs working collaboratively with cross functional teams along with enhancing development life cycle process. The PMO leads all major CPSD programs to integrate and drive best practices with best-of-breed products, to enable the most efficient alignment of large-scale enterprise applications and IT workloads with a common physical infrastructure that is easy to manage, adapt, and scale. We are looking for energetic, passionate people to develop, execute and promote the Global Shared Services and CPSD vision. Technical PM Duties and Responsibilities
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Lead cross-functional engineering program team in all phases of program management, including but not limited to communications, schedule development, risk and change management.
- Support engineering teams in monitoring the execution, progress, and risks of project deliverables and overall program elements.
- Coordinates team meetings, communicates status, readiness, business issues, technical issues, resource requirements and their resolution across the organization and management.
- Act as a liaison between engineering, manufacturing, customer support and professional service teams, as well as peers at third party partners.
- Create and manage cross discipline engineering teams, facilitating, coordinating and leading these teams to complete a variety of technical program plans, tasks, and milestones.
- Develop and manage the communication and coordination of program initiatives, status reports, program roadmaps, issues and metrics across CPSD teams and/or third party partners, at different levels appropriate for working team members, department heads and division executives.
- Escalate issues in an appropriate, timely manner.
- Actively participate in resolution of issues and conflicts, internally as well as with third party partners.
- Collaborates with Product Owners, Architects and Engineering leads to plan releases and ensure product backlog maintenance
- Reports schedule progress, team status and issues to senior management
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement, creativity, and innovation
- Coordinates and schedules the execution of deliverables across multiple teams
- Champions continuous process improvements.
- 8+ Years program/project management required
- PMI certification preferred
- Experience with Enterprise Agile methodologies and tools a plus
- Able to prioritize projects and work seamlessly with various stakeholders.
- Able to influence others to achieve results
- Skilled leading and working with geographically distributed teams
- Able to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-moving environment with competing business needs.
- Excellent communication, leadership, time management, written, verbal, problem resolution and customer facing skills are required.
- Experience delivering computing, storage, or networking platforms to the market is a major plus
- Technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
Job Family: Engineering Services
Job ID: R18046
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.